Saturday, September 11, 2010

ESOL World

Through my travels I have learned many lessons in the ESOL World! I have learned that ESOL and classroom teachers are the most compassionate people when teaching their new English Language Learners. They are the most amazing people I know. They use many teaching methods to differentiate their instruction to their newly arrived students coming from different corners of our world.

I see the collaboration between ESOL/classroom/reading teachers and students in the classrooms working hard and meeting school, county and state academic standards. I have learned that creating positive relationships with students, staff and parents is the key to academic success

Teaching ESOL is a rewarding challenge. It has brought me great happiness watching the students learn English in both their social and academic environment. It is exciting to learn about everything, constantly seeking out new knowledge, looking to the veteran teachers and administrators as mentors and advisers, and absolutely enjoying my time with my students.

As an ESOL Team Leader, teaching ESOL is the best job in the world! Thinking back to the teachers that you had in your early years, what impact did they have in your life? What was it that made them so important to you? Was it the subject that they taught? How did they motivate you to be a life long learner? I remember my social studies teacher pulling down the wall map. I fell in love with the different geographical places, culture and people. I became very inspired! It was this inspiration that helped me explore beyond the classroom and towards the outside world with a certain sense of curiosity to be taken on and to learn about this world around me. Why? Because teaching is the most important job in the world. Teachers are the bridges to the outside world!

We knew that someone cared about our success even if that teacher never said it. Remember this as you enter your classrooms... Children will never care how much you know, until they know how much you care.

I will share various teaching and experiences with you and
if my topics are interesting to you, I hope you will write and share your comments. Happy Teaching and Welcome to the ESOL World!

No comments:

Post a Comment